Sunday, December 19, 2010

Applesauce Muffins

We made these the other day. I was looking for a recipe for applesauce muffins because I have some applesauce that I froze and I kinda need the freezer space now...it being Christmas and all when people give you so many treats and you're too kind to throw them away, but can't possibly eat them all up or you'll gain 25 lbs...Yeah. Well anyway, Curious George comes up to me while I'm looking and says, "whatcha doing?" I told him I was looking for an applesauce muffin recipe and he says, "Why don't you just use the one that came in the friend last month." I'm thinking to myself, yeah right, would he really pay attention to a recipe enough to remember that? Well he goes and gets it and sure enough, there it was. Exactly what I needed so we whipped some up and they were GOOD!

Applesauce Muffins
Printable Recipe

*Makes 12 muffins

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 Cups whole-wheat flour
3/4 Cups wonder flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 eggs
2/3 Cup brown sugar
1-1/2 Cups chunky applesauce
1/2 Cup chopped nuts, optional

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with crinkly cupcake liners. Put dry ingredients into a large bowl. In another bow, mix the eggs and brown sugar. Then add the applesauce and melted butter. Add the apple mixture to the flour mixture and stir until mixed. Then add the chopped nuts if desired. Use a small measuring cup to fill the muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake 375 F for 20 minutes.

Recipe Source: Adapted from a recipe found in the Friend magazine

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails